Friday, February 19, 2016

Another thing

There was once I watched some WWII movie on how the Nazis were going after the Jews... I cannot remember if it's Anne Frank or something else... but there's one particular scene where at first everyone is going on about their lives, when suddenly a squad come driving an army car. The men come out of the car and climb the stairs up to a family sitting around a dining table. They command every to stand up. Everybody stands up except for one member of the family who is handicapped. They go and push that guy out of the window. After that they drive over the man as they leave.

I remember not being able to watch the scene properly because of how horrific it was (by this I mean peeping through my hands and grimacing all the way. I feel tense even when I think about it now). I could console myself that this wasn't happening in real life, although to some extent it was scary that this had happened in the past.

AND THEN just the other day I saw a video on Facebook showing the exact same thing presumably shot in the middle east where some terrorist organisation pushed a handicapped man out of his chair and shot him.

Chills, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment