Monday, November 23, 2015

Lamentation of workplace conditions

No its not that our decor is ugly, or that the lights are too dim.
Its not that the wallpaper is peeling, or that there's a shortage of bins.

These things by and far have been managed very well. My biggest and sorrowful-est woes is that no one cares if I am well.

Nobody cares if I stay till 8 or 9 or 10 or 11. Nobody cares if I haven't eaten lunch or if I died and went to heaven. Nobody cares when there's more work than usual and still just one of me. Nobody cares when the doctors do their work at the 11th hour and I end up their scapegoat for not discharging the patient on time!

This is a pretty terrible poem but perhaps it reflects the state of my mind, I'm frazzled and hassled and push in on all ends by circumstances, situations far beyond my hands.

Why do I have to do a case presentation with 1500 pages of guidelines, and clerk the case for three different patients? What benefit do I get from doing this presentation??? Zilch I tell you, NADA.

OKAY thats not true, I get a lot from doing it... But why do I need to present it? To show you that I know and so that you can tell me what I don't know? The problem is you may not even know much either cos you haven't READ the guidelines for stroke since who knows when.

I rant and rave like a mad woman BECAUSE EVERYDAY I HAVE NOBODY TO TALK TO. Not at work, not at home.

I HATE MY LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment