Biblical teaching always tells us that it is in our weakness that God is able to work.
2 Cor 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
The human assumption is that we despise certain traits- eg. I really cannot tolerate someone being late. Then what happens? Maybe the person is always super early for things. Or maybe they will be extremely hard on themselves when they are late. Because they despise that trait, they try their best in their own means to NOT do it.
As a result, sometimes people can be neurotic over certain things. Or suffer from extreme anxieties. Or just not have any peace when they are late.
Isn't it easier to just acknowledge that we are sometimes late, whether in our own fault or beyond our control? And if the underlying condition or reason is within our control then we can ask God to help us.
I realize I can be a person who feels very strongly about things. HAHA yeaahh watch out.

No comments:
Post a Comment