Thursday, January 12, 2012

There's a little something I've learnt

and it goes like this
sometimes you see a person or a group of people and you think
man, I ain't gonna talk to those people
I don't even know what I am going to say
I don't even think in a billion years we could be good friends
I definitely would be much more comfortable if I DIDN'T talk to them

JUST STOP.

Stop your thoughts right there and back track
In fact, turn your thoughts to God and ask for courage
Ask for the right words to speak to them
Ask for the love to want to reach out
Ask for the right heart and guidance
so that your interaction with them will be God's blessing upon them
You are afterall His child,
And they too are His,
maybe they just don't know it yet,
or they do and are seeking something,
or they do and are longing for fellowship,
who knows?

So what if the encounter may turn out awkward?
So what if you don't really connect that time round?
So what if you think they might think you're a weirdo?

Is that really all that you can see from the encounter?
Was there something, somewhere, somehow that you could give?
Step out, step forth! Lean on the LORD and press on!

Blessed are those who lean on the LORD! Give thanks and praise to GOD that we can lean on Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment