Saturday, April 30, 2011

I just have to tell...

Of today's most happening event.

April 30th 2011, Saturday.

I spent the majority of today hiding in the library and feeling well and accomplished with how much studying I was getting done. By the time it was 7.30 I was getting a bit hungry and I could feel myself working up an appetite after all the mental workout.

Now everybody knows how during exam period, the library is extraordinarily quiet. Its so much unlike how in Uplands, we'd go in for the air-con and Rosie would yell nasally at us to 'guys quiet down'.

I was rocking myself on my chair and anticipating my dinner when I ripped the loudest fart ever.

I literally froze in my chair. I didn't know how to respond. When you're born, they don't give you a life manual on what to do when you fart in a quiet library. No, they don't tell you anything.

It was that awkward moment where I didn't know if I should pretend someone else did it and glare at the innocent chinese girl on my left, or if I should look around and pretend nothing happened, or if I should try to pretend my paper had somehow did it, or if I should fess up and say, I'm sorry guys, sorry for ruining your sound silence, it won't happen again.

Any hows I ended up doing nothing, as is usually the case when I encounter grossly mortifying moments such as these. And although no one told me to, I left after about 10 minutes.

Seriously man, what's wrong with my rectum?! The whole day I spent in there, I was the only one who made a sounding fart. I guess these people have been in the library long enough to have mastered the art of silent release. Practice makes perfect, I suppose.

To tomorrow, and the fyoocha! Watch out, you library bros! :)


1 comment: