Sunday, October 3, 2010

DEAR ALL (though I know no one reads this anymore)

I have, officially, moved into my room at Prince George Park Residence. For those of you unfamiliar with NUS, I hereby present to you the condo lookalike!

(please google your own pictures [to nobody in particular since no one reads. pah.])

Prince George Park Residence is a community with great tradition and history, starting from the 10 year accumulation of dirt in the cracks of the rooms to the archaic smudges on the walls. The facilities boast a well-stocked supermarket from which I have already spent about 50 dollars in the purchase of cleaning utensils so as to remove history from my room.

The day begun with a door that couldn't be opened. THANK GOD that I met the maintenance guy with my aunty and he, in true gung-ho singaporean style, karate chopped the door down AND furthermore fixed on a new door handle for me. He is my newest best friend. I am forever indebted.

The person who occupied the room before me was a charming fellow who lived under the spell that he would live in this room for eternity, and hence drilled as many holes in the room with beaver-like possession. To date, I have counted 27 holes in the walls of my room. The first part of my cleaning up was spent moping up flourish particles that I whole heartedly believe to be remnants of my wall.

What puzzled me though was how, as opposed to leaving me a broom, the previous occupant of the room only chose to leave me broomstick fibres that I collected as I wiped the floor. The selfishness of this act has moved me to believe that all dorm occupants should leave their brooms behind for the next occupant. This should be amde Act 186, under section 2, subclause 5 of "The Handbook to Dorm Sharing: Make the world a better place".

Last of all, I must bid my deepest condolences to my nice new cloth, whom I very originally dubbed Mr. White. Upon completion of round 3 of wiping, Mr. White had a sudden myocardial infarction and died instantly. Time of death: 11:42am. In his place resurrected a slightly shadier version of him, Mr. Grey. Mr. Grey currently resides on the rung outside my bathroom window. Yes, I have a window in my bathroom that doesn't have any curtains. I don't know whether to feel bemused or violated.

This is all. Of day one. i've managed to source the laundry room after cleverly ninja-stalking a fellow dorm mate who was carrying her mountain of laundry down. And I've made friends with the lady who sold me all my cleaning utensils after smiling very nicely at her during the two brief encounters we've had.

5 comments:

  1. Bathroom with no curtain? Nothing to see, move on.

    :]

    You're welcome dear niece, looks like you're enjoying dorm life. Though I daresay mine started better . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I come here from time to time. Does that mean Ima nobody? whoop-dee-doo =P

    My dearest condolences to the loss of Mr. White. Even in the face of certain death, he continued on with his mission, and went above and beyond the call of duty. His sacrifice will never be forgotten. He deserves a medal, and should be given a hero's burial, a flag draped over his little white casket, and a 3-volley gun salute to go with it as well.

    *Bugler sounds 'Taps'*

    ReplyDelete
  3. mr white ! D:
    .. maybe it's like it evolveddddd ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom reads and is having a good laugh. :P

    ReplyDelete