Monday, July 19, 2010

TO ALL OUT THERE

Do you know that it is physically impossible for one above the age of 18 to touch their feet to their head if they have never achieved it before in their life?

I tried. Last sunday a little girl from my church (actually she's not that little. She's 8 but her feet are bigger than mine) came up to me and said, HEY can you do this? And went on to perform the above mentioned feat.

It looked easy. She made it look easy. So I tried and ended up a pathetic 6 inches or so from my head. I doubt I could even touch my hair (though I DO have short hair so that doesn't help). And I just couldn't go further. Even if someone had physically taken my feet and pulled with herculean strength, the inflexibility of my body is just so powerful that nothing can overcome it short of making me scream the scream of childbirth.

SO yesh. I even feel my back aching when I bend too long while sweeping the floor, exerting myself in lifting anything above the mass of 1kg, or even when I bend low to take a drop shot in badminton.

Age is a terrible thing.

1 comment: