Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I love you, all

My dearest sisters and brothers,

I love you all. And it bothers me when I know any one of you are upset at something, someone, rather like a stone in the shoe that pricks constantly at the sole.

It provokes me when I see your anxiousness and your silences, when I see the mask fall over your eyes and everything you say is rather clipped, hidden. There is a pretense at being okay. There is forced laughter. And I would know, because I do it too.

Yet amidst all of this, I can only hope. Hope that you can let go of whatever it is that is causing you this pain. I hope that you will remember love, forgiveness, endurance. Pray for the grace to love, and remember that the wounds of a friend are a thousand times better than the kisses of an enemy. Remember that a true friend is worth more than their weight in gold.

I shall stop here. Strive to be one another's keeper. :)

Love from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment