I don't quite know why but this topic keeps popping back into my mind. SO i'll just ramble on about God and religion for a while instead of doing my world lit as I'm supposed to.
I wonder if you believe in the existence of God. If you do, I wonder exactly what sort of concept of God you have in your mind. Is He a sort of... essence with a deep voice? Is He something all-powerful in charge of karma and fate? Or is He someone whom you have a relationship with, whom you talk to, whom you treat as a heavenly father? Is God someone you fear? If you fear him do you merely follow His commandments? Do you love God? Does God love you? Is God your friend? Are you religious?
And if you doubt the existence of God, then I wonder what you DO believe in. Do you believe in karma? Who passes the judgement for karma? Who gets to decide what's good and what bad, and who gets to decide how you should be retributed for your acts? If you believe in fate, who dealt you this fate? If you believe in buddhism what exactly is nirvana? If you believe in something would you not live your life in the way that is described by your belief? Would you follow blindly? Is it a personal choice, or a family, culture-based decision? Or do you believe in yourself? Do you believe that you only have to live for the present, for the now, for the enjoyment and by your own set of rules called your moral standard that is essentially a compromise of your parents, your friends, your culture and yourself? Do you live by your conscience? Do you still believe in heaven and hell? Do you believe in afterlife? Where are you going?
Questions questions.

No comments:
Post a Comment